Sunday, January 31, 2010

MIND MAPPING MY WAY


In January 2009 I wrote these lines answering to Chuck Frey's call at his blog (look here, number 26). They somehow express my view on mind mapping. Let it be interesting to you!

THE PHOTO ABOVE SHOWS A MIND MAP SKETCH I PREPARED ON THE SUBURBAN THAT TOOK ME LAST MONTH TO GETXO, WHERE I WAS PRESENTING MY IDEAS ABOUT GETXOBLOG, A BLOGGERS' MEETING NEAR BILBAO

My name is Eleder Aurtenetxe (1969, BILBAO) and I´ve been caught in this nice trap that takes me to play and share a bit about myself… and how I´m mind maps in this recession time…

Let´s start saying I discovered mind mapping through Robert S. Winter (University of Chicago) in the late 90´s when I met him in the University of the Basque Country. I was a teacher and he came to head the Total Quality Management work… a difficult task indeed, but what a great teacher, Robert!

Mind Manager 5.0 came to my way in my next job in the Biscay Administration as an organization technician through Jon Doncel (thanks!). That was year 2003 or so.

Both two discoveries supposed paradigm changes in my life and career…

I´m delighted to say that I succeeded in “failing” the exams for the administration “for-ever” job… and this has pushed me to follow my dreams…

Mind mapping and Mind Manager are key in my way (I add now, in year 2010, that I'm quite more using XMind nowadays). Some hints to reinforce this statement:

- I´ve just started training people to MM. Really successfully.
- This is the first blog about MM in Basque language: http://www.burumapak.com. I started it 2 months ago.
- All my radio interviews (http://www.bilbohiria.com/gaika/berbaz) are based in a MM sketch.
- If you ask any of my 4 small children (uuups! not the 8 months old, yet) “What does dad love doing?” they´ll, all in one, say: “MIND MAPPING!”. So, they may have the good luck to acquire it from the cradle…
- Lots of creative projects come to me all the time and they take their place in a MM and serendipity often happens. This has made me free from fear…

In a word: thanks (partially) to MMing my life has changed from looking for a job to un-jobbing. From fear about my job to joy and play around work, around life. Anything more important could be said?


Eleder

BM31_ BILBAO: Mind Mapping-Open Space Technology-Creativity
Twitter: @Eleder_BM



No comments:

Post a Comment