Tuesday, September 21, 2010

STABILITY, FLUIDITY, BALANCE AND BODY

 From @Havi Brooks (and duck) I got this criptic and appealing message: "SPECTACULARLY great post fromJesse, a.k.a. @persnicket: The Balance Expedition: sad monster & snakes. http://bit.ly/bT38qF".  

I got there, discovered MY SEED HOUSE and read through the post. I´ll pick this lines from it, that will sure be a good reminder for you, too.

... The two different pieces of balance

One image I got from Shiva Nata-ing about balance looked something like this:

Two powerful things held together by a bond of energy. When I asked for more clarity about this, I realized that the two things are the two parts of balance: stability and fluidity. These are the two qualities that must be maintained together in order for balance to work, of course.

Stability is:
  • Structure
  • Rationality
  • Strength
  • Knowledge
  • Stillness
Fluidity is:
  • Openness
  • Creativity
  • Flexibility
  • Intuition
  • Flow
Stability without Fluidity is: rigidity. Painful tension. A rut.
Fluidity without Stability is: floppiness. No boundaries. Chaos.
(One caution: these are true for me. Not universally true!)
The connection between the two is the body. This was an important clue for me, something I know but perhaps hadn’t solidified into words. Connection with the body brings these two things together. Bringing stability into the body, bringing fluidity into the body, this creates balance.
Pursuing balance seemed kind of tricky when I started this week of inquiry: because isn’t balance just a state you achieve? Like mindfulness — easy to get, but hard to maintain? So shouldn’t I be able to get there instantly?
Well, maybe it’s a little bit like that. But this image and the idea of the two qualities I need to cultivate, fluidity and stability, this gives me a path to follow. I can choose activities that cultivate one or the other.
So helpful...

Very helpful for me, too, indeed!


Eleder
BM
31_ BILBAO: Mind Mapping-
Open Space Technology-Creativity


Twitter: @Eleder_BM

No comments:

Post a Comment