Thursday, January 27, 2011

I CAME FROM FAR AWAY

This piece came through my heart and voice in the Closing Circle of the "Open Space for Higher Purpose" Learning Experience on January the 17th. The 4 days experience was so insightul and moving to me! As it just came last minute and as I was a bit wary not to take too long with the talking stick I didn´t take the time to translate it. Now back in Bilbao I did it and I´m glad to share it with you. You can listen to the song, read the lyrics in Basque and the "amateur" translation to English...

SONG (Urrundik heldu naiz = I came from far away; J.A. Urbeltz-lyrics / Benito Lertxundi-voice&guitar)


LYRICS (Basque)
Urrundik heldu naiz
luze ibiliz,
bidez bide eta bidetako
hautsak garia sortarazi du
ene oiñetako behatz artetik...

Ene burua untzaz ari da
estaltzen, eskuetako
behatzetan madariondoaren
hosto xamurrak loratzen...

Bizkarrean...
ortzien barna...
magali mikatzen kimuak
txertatzen ari zaizkidalarik...

San Migeletan... itsasoa...
ñabarra ludia ttipitzen duen
itxasoa...

Ene baitan urriaren
egohaizearekin batera,
azi busti eta emankorra
ari du... ari du...

Zilegi bekit adiskide,
pentsatzea, esatea,
harek ez du goroldio
baizik sortuko
gure harrizko buruetan...

LYRICS (English) 
I came from far away after walking long, from path to path and the dust of the paths has given birth to weat among the toes in my feet...
Ivy covers me; soft pear-tree leaves flower in my fingers...
On my back, through the sky bitter twigs embed in me;

During San Michael season (around 29-Sep) the sea...rainbowcoloured... the sea that makes the earth so small...In my soul, with the autumn south wind it´s raining wet and productive seeds...it´s raining.

Let me think, friend, let me say, that those seeds won´t give birth but to moisture over our stone made heads

Keep in touch and enjoy life :-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment