Wednesday, April 13, 2011

When the devil dances


Picture picked at: http://djembefola.com/dance.php

Harrison Owen sent yesterday this beautiful piece to the OSLIST.

I don’t know if this fits, but some many years ago I had the privilege of spending some time in the African Bush with some wonderful people. I think this was my first awareness of open space (Open Space?). Anyhow I wrote about it and it went like this (in my first book, “When the Devil Dances” and I should add that the Devil is not the familiar figure with long horns but rather the missionaries mistaken appellation for a central actor in village life.)

In the village
All things go in a circle,
And everything fits.
To speak of the drums
Is to speak of the dance,
Is to speak of the Devils…

Weaving and Forging
Fire and Steel – The Bush
Life, Death, and Life again.

When the Devil Dances Life goes on


Harrison Owen
_______________________________________________

A good piece for a song, really! Keep dancing!

Eleder BuM31    Mind Mapping-Open Space Technology-Sormena

No comments:

Post a Comment