Tuesday, January 31, 2012

SINGING YOURSELF ALIVE - WILL HEWETT

Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening.. Love like you´ve never been hurt and live like is heaven on earth. - MARK TWAIN

Thanks so much @SunniBrown for tweeting on gorgeous video featuring @vocata.



Vocalist and improviser Will Hewett explores the language of sound beneath words. After singing 15 minutes every day for a year, Will Hewett describes--and sings--what he learned about commitment and the ability of a simple creative practice to open us to vibrancy, and to a deeper connection with ourselves and the world around us.

Some extracts:
My whole concept of time turned inside out This practice became like a generational center of my day. It was like a fire, hoooooo, that the rest of the day gathered around.
Listen to the singing world around me and find my part on it. Something it was like if the world was singing so fully that there was nothing from me to add. 
I sang whatever showed up. Most times sounds in made up languages.
I got to travel every day into the world beneath words: the world of colour, of life, of vibration, of motion, a world that has no borders, no countries, and for me it feels like swimming. And I think we all know this world. I think our bodies are experiencing it all the time, they´re experiencing it right now. We just tend to cover it up with a layer of words, ideas,.thoughts about who we are or who we should be. But words are really flemsy messengers for the fullness of the experience. And singing can bring us here.
So my simple hope is that we´ll just sing more, that we´ll sing our way into the world of our bodies and the body  of our world. That feels more important than ever.
You can start it´s easy. You can just start humming...
Time bows to authentic commitment and it stretches to accommodate it.

Enjoy life, listen to the singing world around us :-)!


Eleder BuM31    Mind Mapping-Open Space Technology-Creativity

No comments:

Post a Comment