Thursday, December 9, 2010

TRIP TO NEW YORK: OS Learning Experience and NYLBAO project

Harrison Owen wrote recently to the OSLIST to announce an OS learning session in NY:
Karen Davis, Ralph Copleman and Harrison Owen will be hosting an OS Learning Experience in New York between  January the 14th and the 17th.  It will be a good place to learn about Open Space, but that is just the beginning, the appetizer so to speak. The Main Course takes us into the world of application – and more specifically – How to enable Peace and High Performance for ourselves and our organizations. For all the details check out here...

I´m a long follower and starting facilitator of Open Space facilitator and after several events, the most recent of which I informed about here,  and having taken part in Wosonos Berlin 2010, it´s a good moment for me for learning from the most experienced. So I bought my plane tickets and reserved a place to sleep (here, about a mile from the venue, in International House).
Last news (Jan 3): Today I contacted through Sunni Brown with New York City VizThink people and we are planning to gather in one of their regular meet-ups, good news, really :-)!

I plan staying in NY January 11-18 and we´ll have some free days before the OS Learning Experience.As it´ll be my first time in the US and I´d like to know a bit about NYC through local people. I thought to try something that ensembles my passions and the people of the place. It could be an experiment called "NYC: passion, people and places".

It is not so long since I met my friend Greg Rivera in Bilbao and after having quite quickly felt him as a near-minded guy, we started to kid about NYLBAO project in our playful minds. A link between New York, the big and so admired city and Bilbao, our small city in South Europe through experiments involving community, education, art and the likes. Is fate making it real? We just enjoy keeping dreaming and playing...

Now I´d like you to think about any connections you have to NYC and involve you in this game: "NYC: passion, people and places". I love knowing new places and I love meeting new people and chatting and mainly listening to people´s stories (specially in my no so fluent English ;-).
So, I´m looking for some people who will be in NYC between January 11-18 and would like to meet just to conversate for a while in a place they love in NYC... Simple plan that, as OS itself, can open interesting and healing space for great emergence.
Be prepared to get surprised ;-)!

Those are some of the subjects I´m most interested in: work that matters/unjobbing; Open Space (sure!) and its apliccation to life; creativity; simple living; humour; community art; urban permaculture; city byking.... but I like overall listening to people that talk from their heart, about their hot topics/subects...

This trip to NYC invites me also to try again some singing in the street, in a similar way as we did in Bilbao some months ago. Want to watch the v-card we made?

Can you identify friends or acquaintances in NYC who would probably enjoy a long talk with someone sharing interests? If so, let me know, please, and let´s open a bit of space...

Enjoy life,

No comments:

Post a Comment